The side effects include swelling of legs, headache, changes in vision (blurred vision), inflammation of the sinus and infection of the airways.
You may also gain weight with Pioglitazone. You are encouraged to exercise regularly to prevent weight gain associated with this medication.
Very rarely, this medication can cause bladder cancer. Symptoms of bladder cancer include blood in your urine, pain when urinating or being unable to control your bladder. If you experience any of these symptoms, see your healthcare professional as soon as possible.
Consult your healthcare professional immediately if
-you suffer from heart failure and feels that your symptoms are becoming worse. Symptoms of worsening heart failure include shortness of breath, increase in body weight in a short period of time and leg swelling.
-you experience dark urine or light coloured stools, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, stomach pain, or yellowing of your eyes or skin.
Inform your doctor if
- you are allergic to this medication or any of the other ingredients of this medication
- you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding
- you suffer from heart failure, a condition where your heart is not pumping as well as it should be
- you have buildup of fluid in the body
- you have a special type of eye disease associated with diabetes, called macular edema (swelling of the back of the eye)
- you have liver problem
- you have a history of bladder cancer
- you have a history of fractures
Avoid taking alcohol with this medication.
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your email inbox...