(Family Medicine), MTech (Enterprise Business Analytics), MBBS
Andrew is a family physician and a medical informatics practitioner at SingHealth. He has over ten years’ experience in the medical field. He graduated from the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine in 2010, National University of Singapore (NUS), and furthered his medical education to obtain a Master of Medicine (Family Medicine) in 2016. He won the SingHealth Service Best Resident Award in 2011. He also holds a Master of Technology (Enterprise Business Analytics) from NUS and graduated with the IBM Medal and Prize in 2016. He currently lectures on healthcare analytics at the NUS Department of Statistics and Applied Probability. He has also participated as an invited speaker and panellist at several forums around the topics of artificial intelligence and data science in healthcare. He is passionate about exploring and the use of technology to improve healthcare delivery, and his research focus is on healthcare innovation and analytics for improved clinical decision support and patient empowerment.
• Master of Medicine (Family Medicine) NUS 2016 • Master of Technology (Enterprise Business Analytics) NUS 2016• Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) NUS 2010
• IBM Medal and Prize - 2016• SingHealth Service (SHS) Best Resident (Transitional Year) - 2011
• Healthcare innovation• Health services research• Patient education and empowerment• Family Medicine• Electronic medical records
• The effect of psychological resilience on functional outcomes in post-operative hip fracture patients in a Singapore community hospital. CYF Tan, Fang AHS, EYL Koh, LL Low. Proceedings of Singapore Healthcare. 6 Aug 20. Epub. https://doi.org/10.1177/2010105820948531• Early warning score validation methodologies and performance metrics: a systematic review. Fang AHS, WT Lim and T Balakrishnan. BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making. (2020) 20:111. doi.org/10.1186/s12911-020-01144-8. PMID: 32552702.• Factors affecting patient enablement in an Asian setting: a mixed methods study. Chan JMH, Fang AHS, Shah M. Singapore Medical Journal. https://doi.org/10.11622/smedj.2019125. • Use of the National Early Warning Score (NEWS) to Identify Acutely Deteriorating Patients with Sepsis in Acute Medical Ward. WT Lim, Fang AHS, CM Loo, KS Wong, T Balakrishnan. Ann Acad Med Singapore 2019;48(5):145-149
• Understanding patients' goals, needs and motivations in chronic disease management: A multi-perspective qualitative study• To Improve Patient Care and Clinical Outcomes for Asthma and COPD Patients Through Data Linkages and Analytics• The association between illness perceptions, asthma medication beliefs and adherence to inhaled asthma controller among older adults• Factors associated with Patient Enablement in an Asian context• Assessment of knowledge of outpatient care subsidies among Pioneer Generation card holders in the polyclinic
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your email inbox...