Asst Prof Chin Woon Loong Calvin
National Heart Centre Singapore
MD (Loma Linda), MCI, MRCP(UK), PhD, FAMS, FESC
Asst Prof Calvin Chin is a Consultant with the Department of Cardiology at the National Heart Centre Singapore.
His sub-specialty interest is in echocardiography.
Asst Prof Chin graduated from the Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, California, USA, obtaining his Doctor in Medicine (MD) in 2003. He received his Master of Clinical Investigation (MCI) from the National University of Singapore and PhD from the University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK, in 2010 and 2015 respectively.
|Member, British Heart Valve Society |
Member, British Medical Association
Member, British Society of Echocardiography
Member, European Society of Cardiology, European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging, Working Group on Valvular Heart Disease
Member, Royal College of Physicians (UK)
Fellow, Academy of Medicine, Singapore
Fellow, European Society of Cardiology
|2015 American College of Cardiology Young Investigator Award (Clinical Investigations)|
2014 British Heart Valve Society Young Investigator
European Society of Cardiology Highlight Session (Valvular Heart Disease)
European Heart Journal Year in Cardiology: Valvular Heart Disease
2013 European Society of Cardiology Highlight Session (Imaging)
- Chin C, Kam RM, Hsu LF. CME Article: Electrocardiographical Case. Young woman with epilepsy. Singapore Med J. 2007;48(2):177.
- Chin CW, Lim ST, Ho KW, Ding ZP. Free floating thrombus in the right heart causing pulmonary embolism. Postgrad Med J. 2010;86(1015):307.
- Chin CW, San ECH, Ma S, Heng D, Tan M, Lee J, Tai ES, Salim A. The ARIC predictive model reliably predicted risk of Type II Diabetes in Asian populations. BMC Med Res Methodol. 2012;12(1):48.
- Chin CW, Koh N, Wong A, Lai SH, Chao V. An octogenarian with painless type A aortic dissection and cardiac tamponade. Postgrad Med J. 2012;88(1046):729.
- Chin CW, Tan RS, Thumboo J. Endothelial function and arterial stiffness assessment as early surrogate markers of vascular risk in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2013;31(2):295.
- Chin CW, Fei G, Le TT, Tan RS. Lipid goal attainment and prescription behavior in Asian patients with acute coronary syndromes: Experience from a tertiary hospital. Clinical Med Cardiol. 2013;7:51-57.
- Jenkins WS, Chin C, Rudd JH, Newby DE, Dweck MR. What can we learn about valvular heart disease from PET/CT? Future Cardiol. 2013;9(5):657.
- Dweck MR, Chin C, Newby DE. Small Valve Area with Low Gradient Aortic Stenosis: Beware the Hard Hearted. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013;62:2339-40.
- Chin CW, Semple S, Malley T, White AC, Mirsadraee S, Weale PJ, Prasad S, Newby DE, Dweck MR. Optimization and comparison of myocardial T1 techniques at 3T in patients with aortic stenosis. Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2014;15(5):556-65.
- Dweck MR, Jenkins WS, Vesey AT, Pringle MA, Chin CW, Malley TS, Cowie WJ, Tsampasian V, Richardson H, Fletcher A, Wallace WA, Pessotto R, Van Beek EJ, Boon NA, Rudd JH, Newby DE. 18F-NaF uptake is a marker of active calcification and disease progression in patients with aortic stenosis. Cir Cardiovasc Imaging. 2014;7(2):371-8.
- Chin CW, Chin CY, Ng M, Le TT, Huang FQ, Fong KY, Thumboo J, Tan RS. Endothelial function is associated with myocardial diastolic function in women with systemic lupus erythematosus. Rheumatol Int. 2014;34(9):1281-1285.
- Chin CW, Khaw HJ, Luo E, Tan SW, White AC, Newby DE, Dweck MR. Echocardiography underestimates stroke volume and aortic valve area: implications for the classification of patients with small-area low-gradient aortic stenosis. Can J Cardiol. 2014;30(9):1064-1072.
- Chin CW, Shah AVS, McAllister DA, Cowell SJ, Alam S, Langrish JP, Strachan F, Hunter A, Choy AM, Lang CC, Walker S, Boon NA, Newby DE, Mills NL, Dweck MR. High-sensitivity troponin I concentrations are a marker of an advanced hypertrophic response and adverse outcomes in patients with aortic stenosis. Eur Heart J. 2014;35(34):2312-2321.
- Chin CW, Vassiliou V, Jenkins WSA, Prasad SK, Newby DE, Dweck MR. Markers of left ventricular decompensation in aortic stenosis. Expert Rev. Cardiovasc. Ther. 2014;12(7):901-912.
- Chin CW, Le TT, Gao F, Ng MXR, Chin CY, Huang FQ, Fong KY, Thumboo J, Tan RS. Assessment of arterial elastance and ventricular-arterial coupling in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Int J Cardiol. 2014;176(2):504-505.
- Chin CW, Shah AVS, Vassiliou V, Cowell SJ, Doris M, Kwok TC, Semple S, Zamvar V, White AC, McKillop G, Boon NA, Prasad SK, Mills NL, Newby DE, Dweck MR. Left ventricular hypertrophy with strain and aortic stenosis. Circulation 2014;130:1607-1616.
- Chin CW. Paradoxical low-flow low-gradient aortic stenosis: advanced severe disease, a new entity or a progression of disease? Heart 2015;101:1079.